Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Prom Dress of My Dreams

My Junior Prom was in 1971. This was the dress I wanted to wear. I wanted to look like the fairy princess of my dreams. But I was not a risk taker, especially where fashion was concerned. I was one of those gals who attempted to fit in. I wore jeans and platform shoes every day. Our school dress code had just been abolished and girls were no longer required to wear a dress or skirt, so no one did. But I wanted to.

Instead of my dream dress, I wore one very similar to this with a large scale floral print, which was the style that fashion dictated. I did not feel beautiful or princess-like in any way. Of course, 37 years later, its easy to say I should have had the guts to wear what I wanted. Hindsight is 20-20, regret is a waste of energy, and I can't go back. But I can urge you to choose the dress you've always dreamed of, no matter what.

See this dress and more at Couture Allure Vintage Fashion .