Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Prom Season!

Every year at this time, I get nostalgic for the dress I didn't wear to my high school prom. When I was in high school in the early 70's, the style was maxi dresses in bright florals - just about the ugliest fashion creation in my lifetime. I was not a fashion renegade or trend setter, so I wore the same thing as everyone else - and hated it. It just felt wrong.

As a young girl, whenever visiting my grandmother, I was allowed to go up and explore in the attic. I always headed straight for the boxes that held my mom's and aunt's 1950's tulle party dresses. How I dreamed of wearing my own one day!

Of course, in retrospect, I should have marched to my own drummer and worn what I wanted to my prom. Ah, the wisdom that comes with years....

See these dresses and more at Couture Allure Vintage Fashion .